Sunday, 17 March 2013

Another delay. Will we be in by Christmas!?

Well, not much has happened since I last posted. I had been following a thread on the homeone forum, and attempted to follow directions to see where our land was up to with registration. I had no luck, only found outdated info, so I contacted Oran Park. They said the DP numbers I followed were only draft numbers (so, more work has taken place since then?), and let me know there had been a further delay with our land. The land won't be registered until April or May now (or, until the next delay!?).

If we weren't worried with the last delay, we certainly are now. We will undoubtedly exceed the Eden Brae six month 'get started by this date' date (six months to lock in the contract price). Prices are due to increase this month. I don't know if they will be sympathetic to our situation, but I am expecting increases. To add to the fun, we are trying to organise a wedding. Care to place a wager on which will happen first? Will we:
a) get married first (April 2014)
b) move in first?!

So we went to the Sales Office at OP and spoke to Kim, who is awesome, and I hope they are paying her enough. Council have required some further information. Something to do with contamination on the site... Pain in the arse is what it is, but I know they need to get it right. My company does (Urban Development) work in Camden and the tiniest change or request can cause delays. It's frustrating on both sides. I just wish it wasn't happening to us :P

Oh, and since we last chatted, we have bought about 30 Murraya, 5 NZ Flax, 30 Liriope and a few more lilly pillies. At least our garden is making progress!! :) 

The plan (as far as dogs and sheds are concerned!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment