Saturday 15 December 2012

Cody

Something different tonight! It will be brief but I'd like to touch on it as it has a bit to do with the home we are building and it might give those of you who don't know us personally, a better idea of who we are. Who is Cody Drysdale, other than a homeone forum and blogspot username? Well, Drysdale is the house design we are building, and Cody is the name of a very special girl we lost a few months ago. I am an only child, and in 1999 I was 17 and our family was out to get a new dog. We went to the RSPCA and had a look at the puppies available. The parents insisted on getting a female and the only female in the litter was the Codester. So we were stuck with her! I was a quiet kid, and she was my best friend. We referred to her as my 'sister'. Even now at 30 I can confidently say she was my best friend, my favourite person. She knew everything about me whether she knew it or not and she was my world. We had 13 1/2 awesome years together before she started to feel her age and I had to make the toughest decision of my life. One month after she passed I dreamt that she was with me on a bare patch of Earth. I woke up really happy, interpreting it as Oran Park. So glad I can remember my dreams :)


Stephen had previously mentioned (when we still had Cody, he knew her for the last two years of life) that he wanted to name our theatre room after her. It would unofficially be known as the Cody SchliEgan Theatre Room (she had a couple of dozen nicknames). If I get my way, I want Becca to do a portrait for me. I've been in touch and can get a digital copy of the artwork for about $150. I'm happy with that when the cost of a printed and shipped artwork would be $400+ for a large size. I'm thinking it would look nice on a feature wall in the theatre, but we'll figure that out when we actually have the theatre room! So we'll have a happy, funky artwork to remember a very inspirational pup who was full of nothing but love (and the ability to be a real ratbag when she wanted!!). xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment